Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter on a shoestring!

This year on Easter we are so blessed to have some out of town friends joining us.  ( Well, Michelle and Brad aren't confirmed yet, but we are still praying that they are able to find some tickets)  In addition, we have invited some in town friends to join us too!

So, the menu plan will be a little fun this year.  My dear friend Katie mentioned that she always thinks of Filipino food when she thinks of Easter in California, since that is what my mom served the Spring that she visited when we were Juniors in High School.  So, this year, to reminisce of those times, we are doing a traditional / Filipino dinner!

So the menu will be huge!

Honey Baked Ham- (not from the store..I'm going to try to make it myself!)
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy- .44 5 lbs potatoes
Green Beans-FREE stockpiled frozen beans
Scalloped Corn-FREE stockpiled in pantry
Salad- 
$2.00-lettuce
FREE-dressing stockpiled
1.29-strawberries 
.75 1 lb cuties
.60 feta cheese
Deviled Eggs-$1.50 for eggs and Miracle whip
Glazed carrots?-
KP's famous rolls ( she doesn't know that she is making them yet:) )
.20- from scratch with bread flour

Chicken Adobo-
3 lbs chicken quarters-
Soy Sauce-FREE  Stockpiled sale with a coupon
Pancit- 
rice noodles-.99
cabbage-.12 (1/4 head)
lemon- .95 (3 lemons)
green onion- .20 (3 stalks of onion)
shredded carrot-
1/2 lb shrimp-
snap peas-
Lumpia- 9.99  2.5 lbs
Filipino BBQ Chicken-  
5 lbs chicken thighs
marinade- FREE -I have some in my pantry
Steamed Rice -10 cups- $1.25

I can't wait!  I will add prices as we go along...  Wish me luck!

No comments: