Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankgiving for under $15.00


Thanksgiving is always special to me. It is a time for friends and family to get together, and enjoy great conversation. But what if your budget is really, really tight? Can you still have a great supper, on a tiny budget?


Though this is not the menu that I have prepared this year, I did use the prices that I paid to come up with this ultra thrifty, tasty, and very filling meal.


Turkey, brined in a basic salt solution- $3.90 (yes, I really did get my 16 lb bird for 3.90!)

Stuffing (stove top)-.99

mashed potatoes (2lbs), butter, sour cream-.98

gravy made from drippings- pennies

green bean casserole, cream of mushroom, french fried onions-1.05

pillsbury bread rolls-.99

corn chowder- 1.75

No Bake cheese cake-2.25

salad-1.29


TOTAL-$13.20


Considering that you would have leftovers for a week at least, this is probably less than you spend on your weekly grocery budget!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: