Thursday, March 6, 2008

Chicken Quesadillas- $ 2.16

Tonight's dinner was Chicken Quesadillas. I love these! And best of all they are really quick, and SUPER CHEAP!



So here is the cost breakdown..

6 tortillas- .52
2/3 cup cheddar cheese-.43
1 Chicken Breast-.58

Tortilla chips(3 serv) .21
4 tbsp sour cream-.16
4 Tbsp "Salsa" - .01
(the salsa was made from these canned tomatoes that I scored at Vons in Feb. 72 cans for $3.00!)

Uncle Ben's rice-.25 (on sale w/ coupon)
So there it is. 3 full servings of quesadillas, for just over 2 bucks...
You could cut the cost even more by omitting the chicken, bring the cost to $1.58 for 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a meal that the kids and I would love! I usually just make cheese quesadillas for them and they love it. I got the same rice on the same sale too :)

Have a great weekend,

Sherry

Crystal DuBois said...

your profile says you are from MI. I am always looking for good deals at stores in MI for my "older" father to shop to save money. I live in CA, so I deoend on internet blogs to lead me to good deals.

Do you have any favorites? Does Kroger double coupons? Dad lives in Jackson, do I think his store are Kroger of Meijer. He tries to avoid Super Wal-mart for moral reasons.

Any help would be really helpful!

Thanks, Crystal